Five things to remember for healthy skin in your daily skin care regime.
With our busy lives and hectic schedules, we’ve provided five things to remember for healthy skin in your daily skin care regime.
Here at FLAWLESS@SPRINGPHARM we promote the value of healthy skin, with a vast range of skincare products and sun creams but we all need to stop and look at our own lifestyles, remembering:
Protection from the sun
Sun exposure can cause wrinkles and age spots, as well as the higher risk of skin cancers.
We at recommend;
- Use sun cream, with at least a spf15 factor. Most practitioners are now recommending spf 30 or 50 for maximum coverage. Applying generously and often (recommended application is every two – three hours)
- Avoid full sun. Between the hours of 10am-2pm try and seek shade, as this is when the sun is at its strongest.
- Cover up! Wear hats and long-sleeved light fitting clothes to protect against sun damage.
Springpharm sell products with a high SPF range. Heliocare is a popular range, with compact foundation, capsules to take orally and many creams and lotions of different SPF ranges.
Smoking ages the skin and cause wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin causing the skin to look pale. Also stopping oxygen, blood flow and nutrients, thus aging the skin and robbing it of healthy-looking skin.
The best way to protect your skin from smoke affects, is to STOP!
Seek help from your doctor/ pharmacist or NHS, all professionals will gladly help.
Try and find a stress filled Life
Stress can cause acne breakouts and skin problems.
All of us here agree that a stress- free life is sometimes unobtainable but things to consider;
- A good night’s sleep, waking refreshed to tackle the day ahead
- Scale back your duties and things to do (set achievable, rewarding goals)
- Plenty of fresh air and exercise (a gently walk will even help fight stress)
- Do things you enjoy, find a rewarding and relaxing hobby, that relaxes your mind and refreshes your sole.
On our website www.springpharm.co.uk we sell face masks and kits aimed at relaxing treatments, leaving the client and the sole refreshed. Simple things can have a major impact on the mind/ skin and body. Minor items with maximum effects.
Look after your Skin
Make-up, shaving, harsh skin treatments can all take a toll on your skin.
The girls here agree that they’re all guilty of sometimes using too much make-up, or not taking care and rushing when shaving their legs or not even removing their make-up at night, never mind a full cleansing routine!
WWW.SPRINGPHARM.CO.UK has lots of products and ranges in toners, cleansers and creams for all skin ranges. We can cater for problem skin, acne problems and even provide camouflage make-up and foundation.
So, to keep it simple
- Try to avoid long hot baths or showers. As this can dry the skin and take valuable oils from the surface of the skin.
- Moisturise the skin after washing, making sure you moisturise all the body.
- Don’t rub the skin, pat it dry after washing. Patting the skin will hopefully retain moisture in the skin.
- Avoid strong soaps and washing lotions. These can strip the body of valuable oils and the harshness can cause skin reactions. Try and buy mild products with a low PH.
- When shaving, using foams and gels, something to act as a barrier. Take time when shaving or waxing, and make sure you move in the direction of hair growth, with a clean and sharp razor for a close clean result.
- Remove all make up every evening, to let the skin be refreshed for morning. Allowing the skin to breathe, a simple treat for the face.
- Treat yourself to a skin treatment. Flawless is an ideal fix for a quick and easy way of achieving beautiful skin.
Eat a Healthy Diet
Eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, wholegrains and lean meats can help you look and feel great.
Drinking plenty of water keeps the skin hydrated, as well as helping the brain and heart function to its best ability.
Research has shown, oily fish is good for skin and acne sufferers have seen a significant difference.
A healthy varied diet can help weight loss, a major factor for us all.
Here at head office training rooms, we offer SAXENDA training and WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC. We can support you to be trained or to gain CQC registration, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Springpharm’s NHS pharmacies offer a ‘healthy living programme’ to members of the public, we are trained to support clients throughout their journey in finding a healthy and happy life. Call us on 0345 319 4000 for more information.
Life can be very trying and testing but we believe that these five simple steps can help find inner peace and the body will show it. Being healthy on the inside will project into a healthy glow to the skin, hair and nails.